1. Data protection principles
AEGEE-Tilburg is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities
under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), especially those stated in Article 5 of the above-mentioned document and is to comply with the principles stated within.
2. General provisions
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by AEGEE-Tilburg.
- The Responsible Person, appointed among the current Board members, shall take responsibility for AEGEE-Tilburg’s ongoing compliance with this policy.
- This policy shall be reviewed at least annually.
3. Lawful, fair and transparent processing
- To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, AEGEE-Tilburg shall maintain a Register of Personal Data, stating among others where, when, how and by who the data is processed.
- The Register of Personal Data shall be reviewed at least annually.
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to AEGEE-Tilburg shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
4. Lawful purposes
- All data processing done by AEGEE-Tilburg must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests.
- AEGEE-Tilburg shall note the appropriate lawful basis in the Register of Personal Data.
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in AEGEE-Tilburg’s systems.
5. Data minimisation
- AEGEE-Tilburg shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
6. Personal Data that AEGEE-Tilburg asks from members
AEGEE-Tilburg requests the following personal data of members:
- First name and surname*
- Full name according to passport*
- Date of Birth*
- E-mail address*
- Telephone number*
- Institution of study
- Study program
- IBAN and bank account holder name*
*necessary for membership
The collection of the data (*) is necessary for communication towards members. Without communication, AEGEE-Tilburg will not be able to organize, or inform members of, local and European activities. Finally, the administration of members is obligatory according to the law. The collection of the data regarding the institution of study is necessary for the board grant AEGEE-Tilburg requests from Tilburg University.
Incidental collection of personal data:
- Information on allergies/dietary needs
The personal data AEGEE-Tilburg uses incidentally are either necessary out of vital interest, or to guarantee your safety.
If you have been a board member of AEGEE-Tilburg, we register your first name and surname and address (digital and non-digital) in the former board list and on the website (www.aegee-tilburg.nl). Of course, if you inform in a written way that you do not want this and you are no longer a member, we will delete your personal data.
7. The personal data AEGEE-Tilburg can request of non-members
In some events, AEGEE-Tilburg, for the purpose of information, promotion and/or participation in an event or activity, needs some of your personal data and will request the needed information. This may involve:
- First name and surname
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- VISA information if needed
- Allergies/Dietary needs
All data used for specific activities or events (of non-members) will be used incidentally. After the event or activity has taken place and the possible fee has been paid, all the collected data of non-members for the given purpose will be deleted.
8. The purposes why AEGEE-Tilburg uses data
AEGEE-Tilburg uses your personal data for the execution of the agreement (membership and the activities that are offered for members), this is in accordance with the law EU-AVG article 6, subsection 1b. This means that as long as you remain a member of AEGEE-Tilburg, we need the personal data with * to offer activities.
If necessary, AEGEE-Tilburg will request data in some additional cases for specific purposes, for example for the participation of a cultural exchange. For the use of these data, you will be asked permission, which is in accordance with the law EU-AVG article 6, subsection 1a. After the full completion of the agreement, the requested data for the agreement will be deleted.
To ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary, AEGEE-Tilburg will assure removal of your personal data one month after the termination of your membership. Any data related to the participants of events of AEGEE-Tilburg will be removed two weeks after the event took place.
In case your personal data changes, you are to announce these changes to us.
AEGEE-Tilburg will ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date, such as currently Google Suite.
Access to personal data shall be limited to the Board of AEGEE-Tilburg who need access. For specific events, committee members also have access. Appropriate security should be in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
Everyone with access to personal data will sign a nondisclosure agreement.
When personal data is deleted this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data, AEGEE-Tilburg shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report
this breach to a supervisory authority.
12. Receivers of personal data
To execute the agreement (membership and offered activities for members), AEGEE-Tilburg provides the following institutes with data:
- Your name, last name and email address are shared with Mailchimp in order to send AEGEE-Tilburgs monthly newsletter.
- Your name, last name and IBAN are shared with ING in order to collect the membership fee.
As mentioned earlier, in some cases data will be requested for the execution of a specific activity or goal. If this involves the provision of data to other partners, this will be asked or mentioned specifically.
13. Your rights
- You can request information on which of your personal data AEGEE-Tilburg has and uses
- You can request the deletion of these personal data, or request amendments of these data:
- If you wish to delete a personal data marked with a *, this means you can no longer be a member of AEGEE-Tilburg
- If you wish to delete or amend personal data without a *, you can remain a member
- If you wish to amend data with a *, these have to be correct and match your documents (exceptions can be made for first names if requested)
- If AEGEE-Tilburg does not respond to your request within a month or if you disagree with our Data Policy, you can object against the use and processing of your personal data
AEGEE-Tilburg is legally obliged to inform visitors of the website about the usage of cookies. AEGEE-Tilburg uses functional cookies and cookies for the management of web statistics and social media. The cookies do not store any personal data and cannot be linked to an individual.
For questions, complaints and other contact, feel free to contact AEGEE-Tilburg at email@example.com